Ordering prescriptions online offers convenience a new convenience to obtaining prescriptions. However, before ordering make sure the site is legitimate and secure.
It is important to take precautions before ordering, it is important to know the source of the medicine and that what you are purchasing is safe.
While there are many legitimate sites for ordering prescription, there are also many fake sites that may be scams or their products may be fake, have dangerous ingredients or may not have been checked for safety and effectiveness, or may be labeled, stored, or shipped incorrectly.
Before placing an order, watch for these red flags:
- Prices that are too good to be true.
- You can buy the drugs without a prescription.
- The pharmacy company has drugs that are not FDA approved.
- They will ship prescription drugs worldwide.
- Drugs are being shipped from a foreign country.
- Pharmacy is not licensed by a state board of pharmacy in the United States.
Surprisingly, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), only three percent of online pharmacies reviewed by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy are in compliance with U.S. pharmacy laws and practice standards.
Before buying prescription medicine online read carefully the FDA’s website at www.fda.gov/drugs/resourcesforyou. Also, make sure the pharmacy you are contemplating using does the following:
- Requires a valid prescription.
- Provides a physical address in U.S.
- Is licensed by the state board of pharmacy in your state and where the pharmacy is operating.
- Has a state-licensed pharmacist to answer your questions.
It is good to shop prices, just do it with caution. Don’t forget to make sure your insurance company will approve payment to the pharmacy you choose.